1. Define the type of company you want to work for. If it is the company you currently work for, what positions in their corporate office interest you?
2. Define the role you want in the "corporate setting".
3. Examine your transferable skills to see how you could help your chosen company given your skills, education and experience.
4. Do a gap analysis to determine where you might need to strengthen your resume in order to get your desired position. 5. Go do some informational interviews at the companies you are interested in with people that are already working in your area of interest. Ask their advice on what is needed to land a position like theirs.
6. Network, network and network.
7. Make sure your values, interests, talents, experience and education align with your desired position/company.
Check out my website for interviewing and resume development tips: www.careerequitybuilders.com